Nasal cosmetic surgery or the art of redefining the shape and contour of the nose.
Whether it is for cosmetic, functional or corrective reasons, rhinoplasty consists of changing the shape of the nose while keeping its supports and respiratory function intact.
Discover our rhinoplasty treatment
A rhinoplasty requires precise surgical skills and extreme attention to detail. It is undoubtedly the most elaborate and complex facial surgery. When modifying the structure of someone’s nose, all the other facial features must be taken into consideration; this is how balance is achieved. Dr. Yalon Dolev offers a fully individualized approach, focusing on ethnicity, general physical characteristics, facial features, gender and other individual characteristics, to meet the unique needs of each patient. At the MRockland dermo-aesthetic clinic, our goal is to achieve natural results and make each person a better version of themselves.
If you are dissatisfied with the shape of your nose, have difficulty breathing or have suffered a nose trauma, rhinoplasty may be for you!
Treatment and duration
The majority of surgeries are performed under general anesthesia, which means that the patient is completely asleep. This ensures that the patient does not feel any discomfort and does not remember the procedure. The procedure is performed in a state-of-the-art, fully certified surgery centre to ensure a safe environment for patients.
The duration of the operation varies between an hour and a half and four hours, depending on the complexity of the case, the need to obtain grafts and whether it is a first or secondary operation.
At the end of the operation, a very small amount of nasal pads or a splint is placed in each nostril. A plaster cast is also put over the nose. Patients are monitored in the recovery room and are home the same day, without the need for hospitalization.
All patients receive detailed post-operative instructions.
- Improves the appearance of the nose
- Corrects asymmetry and straightens the nose in case of significant deviation
- Changes the nose tip shape/eliminates bumps
- Balances the proportions of your nose and therefore of your face in general
- A patient whose health is precarious is not a good candidate for surgery
- A person taking anticoagulants cannot be operated on without having stopped the anticoagulants
- Not recommended for patients with cancer affecting the face, skin or nose
- Not recommended for patients with inflammatory diseases, such as Crohn’s
Recovery time varies. On average, patients can expect to be off work for two weeks.
Swelling is normal and may subside after two weeks, although it can take a few months before it completely disappears and the final result is visible.
Rhinoplasty has no consequences on the sinuses. However, some patients may subsequently, but temporarily, suffer from nasal obstructions. Patients must avoid the sun for six months and must apply complete sun protection to prevent the development of redness.
Exposure to intense cold must also be avoided. Patients should not wear glasses either, as this causes pressure on the bones that have been fractured.
We are flexible. Visit us to discuss available payment terms or call us at (514) 439-7710. The quality of our service is second to none and we will answer all of your questions.
* Results may vary from person to person. We present, to the best of our knowledge, an average of the results obtained. No guarantee is offered. Our goal is to properly evaluate your profile so that you can make an informed decision.